A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Debbie Browne - An American Girl

Debbie Browne - An American Girl

Full title: "An American Girl" by Debbie Browne.

"A transgender family story. Alice Jenkins is 9 years old and she has written a book. This book. She wanted to tell her story to all her classmates about her dad. About her unconditional love and support. You see Alice discovered something different about her dad. He wants to be a girl. Her mum didn’t like that idea, or her brothers."

"Things start to go wrong in the family and Alice struggles to cope. She confides in Chelsea her doll when she is upset. The relationship with her dad becomes closer as she learns about life and why her dad is the way he is. She loves him even more but she fears for the future of her family. How will they ever be happy again?"

Cami Richardson, whom I interviewed in 2022, recommended the book in the following way: "Being a transgender woman, I found this book to be an amazing account of how difficult it can be to transition while having a family. It tells the story from a unique perspective that of a young girl watching her dad transition to a woman."

"I think it can be a help to all, especially those children who are faced with this challenge. It's easy to read and you truly feel like you are going through the transition with them personally. This is a must-read for the LGBTQ community, especially for those that are transgender. Kudos to you Deb."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book