A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Patrick Bard - Mon neveu Jeanne

Patrick Bard - Mon neveu Jeanne

Original title: "Mon neveu Jeanne" (My Nephew Jeanne) by Patrick Bard.

Since 1983, photographer and writer Patrick Bard has been photographing his nephew. He started without really knowing why, when he was 16 years old. His name was Jean-Pierre. He married early, had two children who grew up and became a road haulier in Sarcelles. When his relationship to gender began to change in the mid-1990s, Patrick Bard continued to take pictures of him, of her, rather. 

Jean-Pierre officially became Jeanne in 2001. Jeanne knew men, then she ended up falling in love with a woman in 2008. Initially, the relationship started as clearly lesbian. Two years later, Jeanne decided to become a man again, while retaining her identity as a woman. More than anything, his nephew Jeanne decided that the question of gender was not fixed and that it was not a problem for him.

My Nephew Jeanne is a book where the reader follows the story from the writer's point of view, written in a literary vein: from the awareness of her nephew, to her stubbornness, against and against a social and professional environment, to change her body to become a woman. Unusual, compared to other stories around gender: the return to one's masculine condition after all the struggles to assume a femininity. A book of text interspersed with photographs by Patrick Bard but also photographs from Jean-Pierre/Jeanne's family album allows us to follow, in a certain intimacy, the life of the character.

Available via babelio.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book