A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Minou Bahrami - Transcultural

Minou Bahrami - Transcultural

Full title: "Transcultural" by Minou Bahrami.

"Transcultural describes the author’s experiences as the mother of a transgender woman and a dual British Iranian national. The book explores the prejudice against the LGBTQ+ community across Iranian and British cultures as well as on a political level in Iran. The author’s journey to Thailand with her trans daughter in the course of Gender Affirmation surgery is related with humour and much affection."

"The inspiration for this book was the author’s desire to protect her daughter against transphobia by promoting love and understanding for the trans community. Examples of Persian poetry have been used in the book to convey the author’s deepest feelings about certain situations and to demonstrate to the reader, the vast range of topics covered in Persian literature."


Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book