A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Andrej Reiser - Wen interessiert denn schon mein Elend

Andrej Reiser - Wen interessiert denn schon mein Elend

Original title: "Wen interessiert denn schon mein Elend: Die Welt der Männer, die Frauen sind" (Who cares about my misery?: The world of men who are women) by Andrej Reiser.

Mostly black-and-white milieu shots of transsexuals, 40 years old, plus an essay and a longer interview. The book sensitively approaches the protagonists in texts and images: transsexual people who 40 years ago had little choice but prostitution.

It includes an essay by Peter Gorsen "Sexuality in Transition. The homo mollis and the destruction of the gender role", as well as approximately 50 photographs, mostly black and white, some in large format.

Andrej Reiser, born 1.10.49 in Slovakia, came to Germany from Prague in 1968. He studied photography at the Folkwang School in Essen with Willy Fleckhaus and Otto Steinert, among others. For Suhrkamp he photographed the portrait series »Pictures by Authors«. Numerous reports in Stern and Geo show him to be one of the most distinguished magazine photographers of his generation... He lives and works as a freelance photographer in Hamburg.

Available via lili-elbe.de
Photo via catawiki.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book