A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Judith Juanhuix - Una mujer

Judith Juanhuix - Una mujer

Original title: "Una mujer" (A woman) by Judith Juanhuix.

"The most hidden women in history have always existed. I'm sure you've only known us recently, maybe we're totally new to your world, but we've reached the surface to stay. We're here. And I've written you a book."

There are times in life when we finally see ourselves in fullness. That's when we stop questioning ourselves, we understand ourselves and we decide, simply, to be. Moments of an impressive transformative capacity that mark us because they define us and make us free forever. In the life of our protagonist, this clarifying and magical photograph came about, after years of intimate doubts about gender identity and sexuality, when she opened Pandora's wardrobe and tried on her partner's sky-blue nightgown: "In the mirror in the room I finally see myself in a shape of my own. I've curdled. The Taboo is broken. Life that used to spin like a spinning top now takes on meaning."

Judith Juanhuix is a researcher with PhD in physics and trans activist. In this book, of extraordinary honesty and literary beauty, she recounts her passage through the misery of violence, guilt, fear, and contempt of those who believe themselves superior "because they are more equal to all". But also for all possible forms of happiness.

Her life journey is full of setbacks and challenges to show herself to the world as she is: a woman who fights against a mountain of stigmas comfortably installed in our society. Their struggle is also an intimate struggle for your freedom. You will find a woman with a zest for life. A trans woman. A woman.

Available via everand.com
Photo via Instagram

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book