A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Naty Menstrual - Poesía Recuperada

Naty Menstrual - Poesía Recuperada

Original title: "Poesía Recuperada" (Recovered Poetry) by Naty Menstrual.

This is Naty Menstrual's third book, entitled "Poesía recuperada", a material that compiles her initial texts created before her official birth as Naty. "These are things I wrote before I cross-dressed, before I was Naty," she said. It is the compendium of "secret" poems, which she herself never believed could be published, but which today she decided to present to society.

"If I were a woman, I would have a thousand children, I would have a thousand children with a thousand different men. If I were a woman, I'd have a thousand men,  With a thousand red velvet kisses,  Tangled on my lips,  No rush and no time,  Walking through me. If I were a woman, I'd sleep among a thousand bodies,  Entangled in a thousand tentacles of love,  With passion, with pain, and with sweat,  Sweats of a thousand men skin, smells, licks, kisses."

Naty Menstrual, born on November 10, 1975 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, is a renowned author, poet, performer, and visual artist1. She studied broadcasting at the Instituto Superior de Enseñanza Radiofónica, which led her to work in media alongside figures like Fernando Peña. In the early 90s, she began cross-dressing and performing poetry shows in Buenos Aires’ underground bars1. This caught the attention of publishers who offered to publish her stories and poems. Her first book, “Batido de Trolo”, a collection of stories and poems, was published in 2005 and reissued in 20121. This was followed by “Continuadísimo” in 2008 and “Poesía recuperada” in 2017.

Naty Menstrual began to cross-dress in the '90s and dedicated herself to reading her own prose and poems in the Buenos Aires underground. She studied voice-over at ISER (Higher Institute of Radio Education) and worked in some media. There are those who define her writing as "transvestite-trash" while others consider it within the tradition of erotic literature.

Naty Menstrual has also made contributions to the “Soy” supplement and “Las 12” of the Página 12 newspaper, and was part of the editorial team of “El Teje”, the first Latin American transvestite newspaper, produced by the Ricardo Rojas Cultural Center of the University of Buenos Aires. She often performs poetry shows in bars and theaters in Buenos Aires and other parts of Argentina. In addition to her writing and performance work, Naty Menstrual is also known for her roles in films such as “Black Heart” (2019), “Corazón Negro” (2015), and “Mía” (2011)2. She is also a clothing designer and visual artist.

Available via zindo-gafuri.com
Photo via Instagram

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book