A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Ernesto Rubio Sanchez - La torre de marfil

Ernesto Rubio Sanchez - La torre de marfil

Original title: "La torre de marfil: Experiencias de una niña transexual" (The Ivory Tower: Experiences of a Transgender Girl) by Ernesto Rubio Sánchez.

Antonio Manuel, a ten-year-old boy, feels like a girl. In 1983, a decade still anchored in the animosity of Franco's repression, living inside a male body is a daily ordeal for him. Suppressing his desire for toys, clothes and ways to be considered as a girl bring him behavior problems in an educational system, lacking in pedagogy and in a home with parents and a sister who does not accept him as a girl.

His life is a constant struggle to be and pretend to be in a society that offers no response other than discrimination and rejection. Can he overcome the obstacles? Will he find someone with an open mind who understands him and helps him come up with a solution? Accompany Antonio Manuel in his fight to overcome the mental rigidity of a time when being "different" was synonymous with pariah.

Available via amazon.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book