A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Katja Heilmann - Er? Sie? Ich!

Katja Heilmann - Er? Sie? Ich!

Original title: "Er? Sie? Ich! - Ein Leben zwischen Zerrissenheit, Verzweiflung und Glück" (He? They? I! - A Life Between Conflict, Despair, and Happiness) by Katja Heilmann.

What if, even as a child, you would much rather do some things than other children of the same age and sex? What if this intensifies significantly in adolescence and early adulthood and no explanation can be found? 

You no longer understand yourself, feel perverse and sick and since you can't confide in anyone, you get into an inner conflict! Nevertheless, you begin to organize your life, make plans for the future and everything becomes the way you want it to.

But it usually turns out differently than you imagine and so I was faced with a very difficult task on my 40th birthday, which made me completely desperate at first. But I took on the task and managed to cope with it with the help of my wife. Today I can say that I have arrived very happy in the middle of life again. I also got to know many social problems, some of which I address in this book and would like to contribute to some enlightenment!

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book