A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Hanne Wagenvoord - Ich bin nicht verrückt. Ich bin ein Mädchen!

Hanne Wagenvoord - Ich bin nicht verrückt. Ich bin ein Mädchen!

Original title: "Ich bin nicht verrückt. Ich bin ein Mädchen!" (I'm not crazy. I am a girl!) by Hanne Wagenvoord.

Hans becomes Hanne. "I'm not crazy. I am a girl!" is a great book. The child loves to dress nicely, play with the other girls on the street and turn their hair into artistic hairstyles during boring lessons. He dreams of attending home economics school after primary school.

In his brother's inn, he enjoys the hours spent together with the waitresses and cleaning ladies, the whispering, and the conversations about female topics from an early age. All this is not unusual for a girl born in the late fifties in the conservative East Holland province. There is only one problem. The child's name is Hans and is, at least biologically, a boy... After decades of inner struggles that lead him to the brink of suicide, Hans finally becomes Hanne at the age of over fifty.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book