A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Jean Lessenich - Die transzendierte Frau

Jean Lessenich - Die transzendierte Frau

Original title: "Die transzendierte Frau: Eine Autobiografie" (The Transcended Woman: An Autobiography)

'I'm sixty-seven and staring in the mirror. Thence reality stares back at me. I am Transsexual. I was born as a male and now live my life as something else. Forty years ago I underwent an operation in Casablanca, which consisted of making my male body a female one – and made me from a heterosexual man into a lesbian woman.

Out of love, Jean Lessenich decided twelve years after her sex change, to live as a man again. This seemed to her to be the only way to give her Japanese partner permanent residence in Germany. Today fifteen years after her death, she lives again as a lesbian wife. 

Beyond all clichés, this autobiography shows us that life as a transsexual is not a Hollywood movie. It does not promise women's happiness after appropriate surgery, but shows, that it is worthwhile to go your own way.'


Available via psychosozial-verlag.de

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book