A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Johanna E. - Das Tagebuch der Johanna E.

Johanna E. - Das Tagebuch der Johanna E.

Original title: "Das Tagebuch der Johanna E.: trans. schamlos. direkt" (The Diary of Johanna E.: trans. shameless. direct) by Johanna E.

The book is an autobiography of Johanna E. who knows no limits. "She is brave, she is naïve, she is torn. She goes her own way." 'I never want sex again. I swear to God.' When the transsexual Johanna E. receives a diary from her client, she begins to write everything from her soul. Marked by the painful experience of being different, she shares her disturbing experiences, her dreams, and her questions about life: How can the sperm of three men stick to her - and at the same time she craves the one man who stands by her? Through Facebook, she meets an Afghan refugee. He calls her Aisha, by her Muslim name. But then her fiancé from Cairo, who was believed to be missing, gets in touch..."

In 2014, I interviewed Johanna for my blog, and one of the questions I asked her was about her view on transgender stories or characters which have been featured in films, newspapers, or books. This is what she said: "It's always about being transgendered. Not about your real personality, not about what you have learned from that specific way in your life. Not about how you have survived. Which skills you have developed. 
It's often just about the way you look. And that's damn boring. Plus, it's always about being a victim and about how much you suffered, but as far as I am concerned, I feel like a loving sun warrior, not a poor victim. I feel pleased to live such a special life."

I also asked her about what was the hardest thing about her coming out: "Being alone. Having everyone around you may be against you or at least very touched by your situation. Nothing was normal anymore. You don't feel part of life anymore. You don't feel human anymore. It's so exhausting. You have to act harder and stricter than every man to survive, though everyone expects you to act as gentle as a woman. It was just exhausting."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book