A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Joni Kay Rose - Over the Gender Rainbow

Joni Kay Rose - Over the Gender Rainbow

Full title: "Over the Gender Rainbow: My Long Odyssey back to Womanhood"

"In recent years there have been a number of first-person accounts by transsexual women and men, ranging from autobiographical accounts like Donna Rose's WRAPPED IN BLUE to collections of essays like Julia Serano's WHIPPING GIRL. These accounts are immensely valuable in working to overcome the tremendous misunderstandings of transsexuals that persist among non-transgendered people, including even some mental health professionals.

Yet so far none of these accounts have dealt with past-life issues - UNTIL NOW. OVER THE GENDER RAINBOW, subtitled My Long Odyssey back to Womanhood, is the true first-person story of Joni Kay Rose, beginning with her remembered past as an old-maid schoolteacher in Europe during the early part of the twentieth century, her rape and murder in 1944 while still in her forties, her rebirth and early years as a boy in Ohio, New Jersey, and Michigan, her difficult life as an adult male in America, and finally her joyous return to womanhood in 2006 at the age of 61 in New Mexico."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book