A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Kenna Henderson - Kenna/A Transgender Life

Kenna Henderson - Kenna/A Transgender Life

Kenna Henderson is an American writer, the author of "Kenna/A Transgender Life" (2012), and the follow-up, "I'm Not The Man I Used To Be".

"The true story of one person's lifelong struggle with gender dysphoria. Intriguing, highly informative, and funny, this memoir takes the reader on the journey from initial self-awareness at age six through years of resistance and denial to final acceptance and the ultimate decision to assume a dramatically different role from the one assigned at birth."

I interviewed Kenna in 2014 and this is what she told me about herself and her transition: "I’m sure you’ve heard the term “late bloomer”. I was born in 1941, knew without a doubt by age six that I was transgender, and I kept it secret for more than five decades. I don’t remember how I learned it was something to be ashamed of, but I had no relatable examples in the media and no one I could talk to.

It was only in 1994, when I gained access to the internet, that I began to understand what I was dealing with and realized that there were a lot of other people like me. From that point on, I began to evolve. It took another ten years or so for me to know and accept exactly where I fit on the gender spectrum - and find peace."


Available via goodreads.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book