A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Marcy Madden - "Just Because My Husband's A Woman..."

Marcy Madden - "Just Because My Husband's A Woman..."

"Theirs was the storybook marriage that inspired others. For over twenty years, and after three faced marriages, Marcy had everything she had ever dreamed of in her husband, he was passionate, romantic, spiritual, generous, funny, loving, and… he cooked. She finally had someone who would love her as much as she could love. There was just one problem… a secret that could to shatter this storybook marriage.

One fateful morning, her husband came out to her - Her Scott was transgender. A woman trapped in a man’s body, her man’s body. Marcy felt her love, her world, her place in it, and her ideal marriage were instantly threatened. Marcy would have to scrutinize all that she held dear, examine her own identity and ultimately face her deepest fears."

In her brutally honest account, Marcy leads the reader into a dark night of the soul that would last five years, while she simultaneously battled ovarian cancer, with compassion, intelligence and wit.

In 2017, I interviewed Scotie Jeanette Madden and asked her about love: "It is all there is. I couldn't do my life without love. I wouldn't live without love. I would've been dead long ago. Love for me is "Mylove," that's her name, my wife Marcy of 28 years this April. Without her love, I would've never had to courage to live my life. It was her love that showed me that my fear of losing that love was a crutch, an excuse. She still identifies as a cis-hetero woman who is married to and totally in love with a woman. Totally in love with me. She makes it possible to be me."

In 2015, Scottie Jeanette Madden published her memoir "Getting Back to Me": from girl to boy to woman in just fifty years".


Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book