A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Marie Cau - Madame le Maire

Marie Cau - Madame le Maire

Original title: "Madame le Maire" (Madam Mayor) by Marie Cau.

I am the first trans woman elected in the Republic. In the 2020 municipal elections, the voters of Tilloy-Lez-Marchiennes, a small village in the north of France on the Belgian border, chose to entrust me with their votes. 

Did my trans identity weigh in this vote? Did anyone vote for me because I was trans? Did others exclude me automatically because of transphobia? Maybe. But I know today that, for the vast majority of the inhabitants, it does not matter. I have worked all my life to ensure that I am not seen solely through the prism of my trans identity. I wanted to run for office and have people vote for me and for my ideas. I succeeded, but it was a long road.

This is one of my greatest victories. And undoubtedly a victory for our society. Marie Cau talks for the first time about her transition, made at the age of forty after having three children, and testifies with emotion to the difficulties of being trans. Elected mayor in the 2020 municipal elections, Marie Cau shows by example that the political path is open to all in France.


Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book