A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » P. Coffer - Walk In Confidence: The Paula Coffer Story

P. Coffer - Walk In Confidence: The Paula Coffer Story

Paula Coffer is a retired US Army Finance Officer with many years of military service in Vietnam, Germany, Korea, and the United States. She later served with the Department of Defense and Department of State in Afghanistan.

In 2017, I talked to Paula about the book and this is what she shared with me: "‘A Walk in Confidence’ is a re-edition of ‘Sandbox to Sandbox’. I added a table of contents, larger pictures, and a new section at the end called ‘Letters to Joyce’. These letters are my candid answers to my dear friend Joyce concerning the current environment, as I see it, of the transgender community.

Many within the community may find these letters offensive but they are how I feel and how I expressed them to Joyce. I penned the autobiography to help others within the transgender community to understand the path that I’ve taken and perhaps help them to navigate their own path. While much of my journey is unique, my journey isn’t really very different than others who have accepted this ‘uninvited dilemma’ and tried to blend their life role in society with a hope of happiness in the end.

Which aspects of your experience can be useful for other transwomen? The stupid mistakes! Self-surgery and self-medication are not the way to go. Mostly though the most useful is the employment aspect. It does a transperson no good to transition and then not be able to support themselves and fulfill their obligations to their children/family. If I had near unlimited funds I would create a transition center where employment and life skills are taught to help the person transitioning better cope with their new life. Perhaps I’ll win the lottery one day."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book