A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » The Lady Chablis - Hiding My Candy

The Lady Chablis - Hiding My Candy

Full title: "Hiding My Candy: The Autobiography of the Grand Empress of Savannah" by The Lady Chablis and Theodore Bouloukos.

"Born Benjamin Edward Knox in Quincy, Florida, "The Doll" always knew she was different. At a Tallahassee club, in her teens, she found the drag mother who would set her on the path to stardom. Before long, The Lady Chablis had a headline drag act replete with trademark saucy wit, down-home wisdom, and, of course, breasts. The rest is "Miss Thang" history..."

According to Wikipedia, The Lady Chablis (1957-2016), also known as The Grand Empress and The Doll, was an American actress, author, and transgender club performer. Through exposure in the bestselling nonfiction book Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and its 1997 film adaptation, she became one of the first trans performers to be introduced to a wide audience.

She also appeared in the 1999 film “Forces of Nature” and the 2000 film “Somebody to Love”. In addition to her acting career, she was a popular transgender club performer, winning multiple titles in drag pageantry under the name Brenda Dale Knox, including Miss Dixieland and Miss Gay World in 1976.

Upon news of her death, several of Chablis' former co-stars made tributes to her. Paul Hipp, alongside whom she appeared in the movie adaptation of Midnight in the Garden, said: "So sad to hear of The Lady Chablis' passing. She was super talented, kind, and laugh out loud funny. She was a true transgender pioneer, way ahead of her time."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book