A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » S. Battaglino - Reflections from Both Sides of the Glass Ceiling

S. Battaglino - Reflections from Both Sides of the Glass Ceiling

Full title: "In Reflections from Both Sides of the Glass Ceiling: Finding My Authentic Self in Corporate America" by Stephanie Battaglino.

In the book, Stephanie Battaglino "shares rare insight and perspective on what she learned from her experience transcending the Glass Ceiling to find personal and professional fulfillment. Stephanie’s unique and very personal experience provides a powerful trailblazing story of inspiration, self-discovery, and triumph - for ALL women."

Stephanie Battaglino, an inspirational woman, transgender advocate, and activist, working with a number of LGBT organizations, serving on the Board of Directors of both the LGBT Community Center of New York and the Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund (TLDEF), Out & Equal Workplace Advocates’ Transgender Advisory Committee, Corporate Vice President at a major life insurance company in New York and the founder and owner of Follow Your Heart LLC.

In 2014 I talked to Stephanie and asked her a question about the hardest thing about her coming out, and this is what she said: "Without a doubt, it was coming out to my son, who was 10 at the time. That, and when you make the very personal decision to embrace your authentic self and transition EVERYONE transitions with you. Your children, your family, your friends and neighbors, your co-workers.

As I like to characterize it, there are a lot of plates spinning in the air at the same time and it can be very mentally, physically, and emotionally draining to keep them all from falling on the ground. I made sure to place my son’s needs above my own – which I will admit was very difficult to do – so that he could be brought around to the whole concept of changing genders in his own time and on terms that he could understand for a child his age. I had some professional help with that as well. Thankfully, all of that work has paid dividends as he is a wonderfully caring and sensitive young man now off at university who, next to Mari and my sister is my biggest supporter."

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book